Smart phones and tablets have become an integral part of our lives for several reasons: they bring our personal data, contacts, messages, personal photos, bank account numbers, and a variety of mobile applications that users are used to facilitate their daily life. We are so obsessed that we even cannot imagine a day without them. It is known that lots of people do not let off smartphones from their hands until they fall in a sleep. These are facts that no one can argue or withstand. So… why don’t you have a mobile app for your business?
Let’s take an example: restaurant marketing.
You’ve started your own business in the hospitality industry and opened a restaurant or bar that you have been always dreamed of. Having invested a lot of money and effort prefiguring construction and editing, you hired a pleasant and valuable staff, and every detail in the house is exactly how you imagined. Having finished the first step, you reach a point where you want to present your business in the best light, and as such, present it to potential guests.
What else can I do and how to stand out and act authentically addition to all other restaurants?
You must realize that your potential customers become increasingly mobile, and every tourist walking around the town or visiting your city looks for information about restaurants and bars when they want to have lunch or a drink. People want to save time, and in the simplest and quickest way possible to get to the information they are interested in. Mobile applications provide them exactly that luxury. With the right strategy, you could target the customers from their pockets. As a restaurant owner, every hungry or thirsty person is a target. Possessing the right technology, you target literally everyone, everywhere.
What does the app give you?
- Basic data catering facility (the owner’s name, phone numbers, e-mail)
- Mobile menu: Let the guests choose the menu before they even arrive at your doorstep.
- Possibility of booking
- Working hours: no more need of extra staff and hours’ long waiting for loyal guests. They’ll inform you in advance via your app.
- Location or exact address of the catering facility: people know how to find you.
- Showing catering facility’s position on map
- Connection with social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google + …)
- Photo and video gallery
- Calendar of exclusive events
- Possibility to vote for photo, meal, drink …
- Pushing notifications: announcing special offers, giving discounts etc.
- And finally connection with POS system and even paying via mobile applications is possible
What mobile applications can bring to your business?
In brief: A restaurant app means more profit. It is a great tool for restaurant promotion.
Did you know that?
- More than 1.5 million of the available applications are found only in Apple’s App Store and Google Play-in.
- Average number of applications installed on the smartphone’s is 41!
- The average person who use mobile internet spends 127 minutes per day by browsing it!
- People checking their cell phone 150 times per day.
- Smartphone has often used by young people aged 25-34, 33% from all users.
- According to Nielsen Study Travelers search place to eat predominantly via apps.
- By the year 2020 half of all invoices will be paid through the mobile devices.
Mobile applications as Restaurant’s guide
- If you already have an app, it is important that the profile of your catering facility can be found on the popular social internet sites that people visit when they want to visit a new place to dine, drink a glass of wine, cocktail or just a good cup of coffee.
- People love to read comments about the restaurant which they want to visit, and check that comments of guests who were there. At these internet sites your guests can make a comment about your offer, service, location, hygiene in the restaurant … and even you personally. All these comments are very interesting to potential customer, who will make a choice and choose one restaurant after read the reviews of other similar hospitality facilities in the area.
- Find out what your customers think about your food and customers service, and who your competitors are. Be on the list of offered restaurants to plenty of tourists and business people who still do not know about your hospitality business.
Examples of mobile apps for restaurants and bars
It is understood that a large hospitality chains have their own mobile applications. Starbucks, McDonalds, Pizza Hut , Subway … they all have a large number of users, which offer certain privileges or discounts when they install their applications on mobile smartphones .
This could be an interesting way to reach new guests for you too. If you have or you are planning to create your own restaurant mobile application, then you should offer to your guests 10% discount on the entire bill or two drinks for free, if they download your restaurant apps on their mobile devices or tablets.
Conclusion: If you have reached this far, do you know why the title was put that way?
Combine this with a promo like these and you bet this will take effect:
I welcome any kind of critic and feedback. Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org